Womens winter jacket – how to stay real lady in thick jackets for cold weather
With the coming of cold seasons, you are thinking over the question, how to choose a winter jacket. Women’s winter jacket with down inside is the perfect choice, if you are young and mobile, you prefer a outwear that does not restrain movements and you like to be dress in a sportive style.
The main thing when choosing winter jackets for women is a filler. In Canada a winter down jacket is called any jacket, equipped with a heater, even if it is of artificial origin. But the degree of naturalness of the filler directly indicate the real amount of body heat that this thick jackets can keep.
We selected the most important advices how to choose winter jacket for women:
1. If the word “down” is written on the tag, everything is in order.
Pay attention to the percentages of the contents of two components of the filler in jacket for winter, down and feather. For cold places it is recommended to buy a really warm jacket, that is, from 70% down and 30% feather. If the winter is warm, or you do not plan to spend much time out, then you can stop on a down jacket with a ratio of 60/40 or 50/50. If you’re going to use a down jacket for outings on nature or skiing – choose the warmest jackets for cold weather, 80/20.
2. Are not you going to wear synthetics? So, immediately give up the products, on the tag of which there is a designation a polyester.
3. The fluff must be stitched with even small blocks. Ideally, sections do not exceed 20×20 cm. In larger fluffs, it falls and deprives you of such necessary protection against cold. Within each block, fluff should be distributed evenly.
4. For a individual, who does not enjoy skiing, it is enough for a single-layer down jacket. And there are also two-layered ones – they better store heat and pass the cold more slowly.
5. Squeeze a piece of lady winter jacket in your hand, then release it sharply and watch – was the fabric straightened quickly? There is also a more reliable way: check the tag, there must be a compression ratio, it is indicated by the letters F.P., that is, fill power. On a quality cold weather jacket you will see a number of 550 or more.
6. When trying on a winter jackets, make sure that the feathers do not pierce the fabric. If you feel tingling – walking in this jacket will be very uncomfortable!
7. And again we look at the label. Look for the designation DIN EN 12934 – it indicates a high-quality processing of down. This means that fluff and feathers have been properly washed, dried and disinfected before filling the women’s cold weather jackets.
The most important thing we already checked. But there are still other details that also affect the quality of the ladies winter jackets.
– Fittings must be strong and reliable, ideally, a sachet with spare buttons or buttons is attached to the down jacket.
– Seams on a quality jacket – even and strong, without crawling thread. The lining is also stitched, which does not allow to fall down.
– Cuffs sleeves, the bottom of the winter jacket or belt at the waist should be in the form of rubber bands – this ensures that no cold will get under the jackets for winter.
– Very good, if the stylish winter jackets is unfastened hood and fur trim. This will facilitate the washing or cleaning process.
– A high-quality product is necessarily provided with a small bag containing a fluff sample.
– If you can not find the information you need (the producing country, ways of cleaning, the ratio of fluff and feather, etc.) on the label – refuse to buy it!